Ok, so it’s only September but that’s only about three more pay days until Christmas – so it’s time to start shopping!
Ever since I started selling on Etsy I have beeing trying to focus on buying one of a kind and/or handmade gifts for my family whenever possible because it feels that bit more special. However, this means that I need to be organised because many handmade items are made to order and although Etsy is an international selling community, the majority of its sellers are from the US meaning posting times are much longer as well.
One of my latest creations – perfect for keeping warm whilst doing your Christmas shopping!
I’ve been stocking up my shop all summer whilst things have been quiet in the hope that the run up to Christmas will bring me more sales. In order to try to encourage people to be as organised as I am (or at least trying to be!) I have decided to offer free postage to my UK customers between now and the end of October. This is a great way for people to save a bit of money during this expensive time of the year and get those first pressies bought before the mad rush begins.
If you are in the UK and would like to take advantage of this offer – simply visit my Etsy Shop and use Coupon Code “FREEPOST12” at checkout (without the quotation marks) and you will not have to pay any postage costs!
Remember – you have until 31 October to take advantage of this fab offer!
I recently went back to The New Forest for a week of beautiful sunshine.
We really tried to make the most of our time and below is a slideshow of the photos I took from my phone. We visited Beaulieu Motor Museum (which has fantastic James Bond and Top Gear exhibits), Winchester, Salisbury (where I got a photo of Stone Henge through the fence as we drove past) and Poole which is right on the south coast.
As always, the week passed so quickly but I’m sure we’ll be back to visit again soon!
I love ordering lemon chicken from my local Chinese takeaway but I have to say that making it fresh at home is much yummier!
Egg Fried Rice
For 2 people you will need:
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- dash of sesame oil
- cooked rice
- pinch of white pepper
1. Heat the wok with 1 tbsp of peanut oil and scramble the eggs for a couple of minutes.
2. Add the rice, soy sauce, sesame oil and white pepper and stir.
It’s as easy as that! Transfer to an oven-proof dish and keep warm in the oven whilst you cook the chicken.
Photo by Jack Fussell
For 2 people you will need:
- 2 chicken breasts – cut into bite-sized chunks
- peanut oil
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornflour blended with 1tbsp water (don’t blend this before you need it otherwise it will go thick and lumpy)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 1 lemon
1. Marinate the chicken in 2 tsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp soy sauce and juice from half a lemon and put in the fridge for a couple of hours.
2. Heat 1 tbsp peanut oil in the wok and stir fry the chicken before setting aside.
3. Reheat the wok and add the chicken stock, juice from the other half of the lemon, sugar, light soy sauce and garlic.
4. Bring to the boil and add the blended cornflour and water and simmer for 1 minute.
5. Add the chicken back to the wok, stir in 2 tsp of sesame oil and serve with the rice.
I enjoy this as it is for a quick and easy dinner, but it would go nicely with broccoli or garnished with chopped spring onions.